Sunday, March 29, 2009

Parts Drive

In an effort to bootstrap the daylights out of my ideas, I'm asking my readers for a little help. Below is a list of things that I'd like you to look for. If you can help me, great! I appreciate it. If not, that's fine too. If you do help me look for things, and want to know where to send things, leave me a comment or write me at sab1842@gmail.com with the title of this post as the subject. Thanks!

Disposable flash cameras - Ask at your local Walgreens or drugstore that does photo developing what they do with the camera bodies after taking the film out. If they just toss them, ask if you can leave a box for them to put them in and tell them you'll come back for it after a number of days (a week is good).

Old VHS tapes - Full-length movies are better than short-length, but at this point I'll take just about anything. I'm not interested in the tape itself, so water-damaged cassettes or crappy titles are okay.

Old computer hard-disk drives - Dead, non-working, or no longer big enough to hold all your stuff drives are fine. The parts in these can go for three projects alone and probably more if I put my mind to it.

Empty candy tins - Altoids, York Chocolate-covered Peppermints, or Life*Savers Fruit Tarts tins.

As I think of other things, I'll add them in another post. Thanks for your help!

No comments: