One thing I feel I need to stress is that any therapies I may espouse are complimentary to anything a medical doctor may prescribe. I got a lesson in that just before Valentine's Day this year.
I was using my emergency inhaler (Primatine mist) way too often, even to my mind (4 to 5 times a day) for about a week before February 10th. TJ had to go to the hospital for a problem with his ear that day, and Ariana thought I should go and see if there was a problem with me, too, because of the inhaler. Well, I got yelled at by the ER intake nurses for two reasons. First, because I didn't have a primary care physician at the time, and second, because Primatine is almost pure adrenaline. Heck, I'd been using the stuff all my life for my asthma.
Anyway, I told them about tightness in my chest, and the overuse, and the doctors immediately thought "heart" when I knew damn well it was my lungs. But, who am I to argue with doctors. So, TJ gets checked out and done in an hour, and Dad (me) is lying on a gurney getting blood drawn, and x-rays taken, and Albuteral treatments and eventually told that he's going to be staying awhile.
Three IVs, two days, and a blown vein later I find out it's a lung infection. A Z-pack and Prednizone cleared it right up.
So, yes, the magnet helped, but I should have gone to a doctor too.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Z-Packs and Prednisone...ah,yes, I remember them both quite well...
Post a Comment