Thursday, April 07, 2005

Things I'm Interested In

Well, this could take awhile. My interests change often, and I'm usually pondering more than one idea at a time. Currently, I'm trying to find a way to get funding to build a prototype electric vehicle I've designed. There's a picture of the concept on the HydeWorks page of my site.
In addition to that vehicle, I have plans for a homebuild windspinner that I'm itching to get to work on. I'm willing to share the plans with others for a modest fee for printing and shipping.
My two biggest problems with any of my ideas are money and space to work in. I live in an apartment, and have no access to a garage of any kind. So, I just ponder and research, refining the ideas until an opportunity presents itself for workspace and backing.
I don't want to give you the idea I'm an armchair researcher. Last year I entered a grant competition sponsored by a non-profit development company, and this year I've entered myself into a local business plan competition. I've designed and built a couple small things in a shop in my basement. One is a electric shock device that has adult uses, and the other is an exercise bike generator. Another small device I'm currently gathering parts for is a non-freon air cooler.
There's certainly more than this that I am interested in, but I suppose I should keep this relatively short. I'll get long-winded some other time.

No comments: