I just finished watching the Last Samurai. While I am saddened by the end of the movie, it reminds me that old and new can co-exist if both parts are respected. I shall do my best to respect the old ways of monasticism while I mix in the new and technological ways that call to me to be included. The monastery, at present configuration, will be virtual, as I expect that as more brothers and sisters join, we will be far and wide upon the world. That was one problem I failed to take into consideration with the last Order I created. Another was trusting the wrong person to be at my side as the Order began to grow. I don't think I'll be making that mistake again.
Trust, Respect, and Honor are three very good foundation stones to begin to build upon. Belief, I think, shall make the fourth, so that we can create a "house" that stands firmly and well. So, what do ~I~ believe? I believe that God is in every living thing. Thou Art God. All that understands is God. All that drinks, eats, sleeps, follows its nature is God. God cannot help but know the bird that falls from the tree for both the tree and the bird are God. I Honor that your beliefs may not be mine, and I Respect your desire to believe as you do. But, I also Trust that you will Honor and Respect my beliefs.
I believe that all life should be Respected. I believe that God gave us free will, to make decisions for ourselves. We should allow others to make decisions for their own lives if they are able to do so. If this sounds confusing to you, I ask that you think about it for awhile. If it is still unclear, I'm willing to discuss it with you.
Namaste'
(Namaste, translated roughly, means "I bow to the God within you", or "The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you". It further represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra)

No comments:
Post a Comment