End, Doom, whatever apocalyptic word suits your fancy. *sheesh*
A friend of ours listens to Glen Beck with the fervor of a religious acolyte. She called today to tell me to stock up on food staples as the "financial gurus" predict bread is going up to $30 a loaf. Gas is hovering around $3 a gallon again, and we're all supposed to be scared? Hello! Has anyone heard of the Great Depression? I, like my grandparents before me, am learning to make do with the things around me. Except my pop. That will have to go up mighty high before I give it up. (Probably do my body good if I gave it up sooner)
GW Bush came into office - we're still here. The stock market crashed - we're still here. Gas goes astronomical - we're still here (and still driving!) All hype and no help.
People have got to learn to stop listening to others - especially if the news is bad or depressing - and do for themselves and their neighbors.
Tuesday, November 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment