Sunday, May 12, 2013

The BIG 5-0

The BIG 5-0. Fifty. Half a century. How old I am today.

It's been a quiet day. No hoopla, or big birthday surprises. Perhaps tomorrow when I go to MJ's for dessert.

I got a glass carousel horse from my father, yesterday. I didn't know that he knew I collect them. Surprise for me, on both counts. In his card, he told me that he patched things up with Jonathan, my brother. That's good to know.

TJ and I went to see Iron Man 3 on Thursday. I thought it was well done. I won't include any spoilers here.

Now I have peace and quiet for a couple hours at least. Yana and T have gone to take a Mother's Day gift to T's grandmother. Maybe I'll find a movie to watch. Or, perhaps I'll read. I do so little of that any more. I used to enjoy it immensely.

On a day when I should be feeling joy and remembering good times, I am, instead, feeling regret and tiredness. Regret for the things I can no longer do. Regret for the things I no longer enjoy. Tired. Just tired.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: