Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wayseers - Don't bother

While the Manifesto video is cool and gets one motivated, the site and group itself quickly devolved into another "pay-me-and-I'll-let-you-in-on-the-secret" site. There is now an inner core of "leaders" and the outer ring of "wannabes". There are some good people in there, and some good people who used to be in there. I used to be in there, but after assessing the emotional output versus the cash output, I decided to discontinue my membership.
One of the early ideas was the ability of members to speak their minds without fear of censorship or reprisals. I think that lasted a total of two weeks from the time the video came out.
It is the educated opinion of those of us who have left the "movement" that this is a social experiment for Mr. LoPortto to use for a new book. He is not the naive' puppy he pretends to be. He is the head Love Nazi and the primary talker in a group that promises movement, but has yet to go beyond the boundaries of the WilderNet.
In any case, it is my recommendation to anyone considering joining that you take advantage of the 21 free trial (if it is still offered) and pay close attention to your gut reactions. Anyone who is merely curious, don't bother. It's merely a waste of time you could spend doing other, more altruistic things.

No comments: