Friday, April 27, 2007

Intelligence in Evolution

Last night I was struck by an epiphany:

There is no madness. Only ways of adapting. Intelligence in evolution.

All day I've been pondering this little piece, to no viable conclusion. Then, just a bit ago, I did a Google for the last line. Among the many hits, I found this: "Human intelligence has evolved steadily over the course of thousands of generations without drastic change in the environment." The full work can be found here - The Evolution of Human Intelligence

Let this ponder a bit - "Human intelligence has evolved steadily over the course of thousands of generations without drastic change in the environment." So, does global warming indicate a drastic change? Are we on the brink of an intelligence evolution? Note that I did not say an intelligent evolution. Judging by some of my neighbors, I'd say we haven't had one yet. BUT, our brains may be getting ready for an extreme make-over, in order to better handle the changes our planet is going through.

No comments: