Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Obstacles and Opportunities

I read somewhere that you should never let obstacles get in your way. You should, instead, see them as opportunities. Well, I've got a few obstacles that I'm trying really hard to see that way.

First, I got an offline this week from a woman who wanted me to come talk to the board of directors of her group about doing a hypnosis demo for them the last weekend of April. That was an Opportunity.

Yesterday, my mother-in-law's car started steaming and smelling of coolant. I figured one of the hoses had sprung a leak, only to find out today that the head gasket has blown. This is an Obstacle.

Earlier this week I was talking to a woman who is interested in investing in me as a hypnotist. This is an Opportunity. I haven't been able to get a hold of her since. This is an Obstacle.

So, how is it I managed to get things reversed, and where are the Opportunities in my Obstacles? 'Cause I just am not seeing it.

No comments: